Tuesday

Pieces of Wendy

Well, here goes.

Blog post number one. See, I've been quite resistant to the idea of starting a blog. Probably because I'm more the type to steer the conversation away from myself. Blogs, on the other hand, tend to do the opposite. But after stumbling upon countless intriguing blogs (some by friends, some by strangers), I decided to reconsider. For one thing, I enjoy writing. It's my favourite way to explore ideas, reflect on my experiences, tell stories, and, of course, describe recent culinary adventures. Not to mention the ridiculous amount of photos I take—I might as well do something with them! Plus, without a single family member living within seven thousand miles of me, I figure a blog is the perfect way to keep them in the loop.

I recently moved from Houston back to Brisbane, Australia (by way of Colombia where my fiancĂ©, Peter, proposed and I said yes), and am just starting to feel settled in our beautiful home in Red Hill. Despite being back four months (!) I'm still reeling from the dramatic shift. Going from a full time job as a reporter at Houston Public Radio to looking for work as a freelance writer in another country takes some adjustment. Though I must admit, I certainly enjoy having more time on my hands! 


That's all for now. Thanks for reading and check back soon. 

(Whew! First post done. That wasn't so bad.)






1 comment:

  1. This sounds like a good way to keep in touch, be creative, archive your work...and hopefully, HAVE FUN.
    I am now following you. I hope you'll take the time when you can to check my page on Gather.com
    http://www.terramere.gather.com

    ReplyDelete

My Blogger Profile

Blog Expat: living abroad