Tuesday

Snapshots: Playing Catch Up

Well hello there, strangers. After neglecting my poor blog the last two weeks I figured I'd return with a photo-heavy post featuring snapshots taken since I last wrote. A lot has been happening lately, what with wedding preparations, my birthday, and a slew of other developments. It seems to have settled down a bit, which should mean I'll be back writing more regularly.

Now, on to the photos! 


These were taken during a recent visit to a very special restaurant in the Sunshine Coast Hinterland.


Deconstructed Black Forest Cake


Outside the Gallery of Modern Art (GoMA) along the Brisbane river. 

Peter, my friend Sasha, and I went along to Matisse Up Late where we sipped bubbly while attempting to draw live models (they succeeded, I did not) and wandered through the incredible Matisse exhibition.


Matisse was followed by Japanese at Sake


Gardening took up a lot of my time over the last couple weeks. Here's one of two gorgeous little magnolias blooming in front of our house.



Spider Lilies in our front garden

Over the holidays and the rain-filled month of January I let my garden get taken over by weeds. Up until this point I had been on top of it, keeping it pretty and respectable. But come February it was a jungle out there. Something just had to be done. 

I weeded, bought some sugar cane mulch, and got to work. I wish I had a before photo, that would make for a dramatic makeover effect, but alas, I only have the after shots.


Here's me getting my mulch on.




And voila! A complete success.


The rosemary is still going strong.


But I'm hoping to bring my marjoram and chives back from near death.



Peter's mother made a delicious lunch on my birthday...


which was followed by a yogurt and lemon cake


Later that evening Peter took me to Ortiga.


The jamón was super flavourful, a highlight of the night.


And here's Gustav Klimt's Judith I, a superb Valentine's Day gift.

Happy Presidents Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blogger Profile

Blog Expat: living abroad