Tuesday

Snapshots: Weeknight Cooking for Friends

For most of us, Mondays aren't usually welcomed with a smile. That's why it's good to do something special once in a while so you can look forward to the start of the week instead of spurning it. That's what I did this week and it certainly helped beat the Monday blues.


Shae, Dave, and their son Flynn came over for dinner and a touch of wine (Flynn's experience was sans wine, of course!) I decided took make two dishes I had been craving from the A16 cookbook, a favourite in this house: braised cannellini beans with garlic, marjoram and oregano; and pasta with homemade oven-dried tomatoes, garlic, and chili. Although I have to admit that, in retrospect, I probably should have served the beans first, followed by the pasta, and it would have been wise to include a salad of some sort. But hey, this was Monday. Surely I can be forgiven for serving two ridiculously filling dishes together...


Going in the oven for six hours

Love this Nero d'Avola


The tomatoes could have stayed in longer, but they turned out nicely and we all decided it was better they were still a bit juicy.


My toughest critic.



Flynn gave his seal of approval.


No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blogger Profile

Blog Expat: living abroad