Friday

Snapshots: Australia Day


As requested in my previous post, the rain that was saturating Brisbane obeyed my order and went away. Weather reports claimed the city would be drenched through the weekend, which caused the cancelling of a number of Australia Day celebrations. But despite the meteorologists' predictions, yesterday was rain-free. I foolishly forgot to bring my camera to a friend's daytime Aussie barbecue, but remembered to snap a few at our place later in the evening. We threw an Australia-Day-Tennis-Watching-American-Pork-Rib-Eating get together at our place, for eight adults and three kids. As usual I neglected my camera most of the night, but still managed to take a few. 







From top to bottom:

1. The spicy and tangy marinade simmering away on the stove. We used half to marinate the ribs, and saved the rest so people could slather on more should they feel like it. (They did.)

2. Peter coating the pork ribs with the marinade. Select ingredients include honey, hoisin, worcestershire, onion, dijon, and chili.

3.  Dishing up the coleslaw, which was seasoned with whole-grain mustard, molasses, apple cider vinegar, and honey.  

4. The final product: coleslaw, pork ribs, and spicy barbecue beans with red kidney beans and bacon.

5. Some chilled Rose to go with my meal.

6. From top left to right: Shae, Flynn, Dave, Frances, Ben, and me


No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blogger Profile

Blog Expat: living abroad