Saturday

Just The Two of Us: Happy at Home


With the holiday season upon us, party season is officially in full swing. Bubbly is flying off shelves like canned food during Y2K. Families are packing up and heading to the coast for the summer. And the sound of crickets is beginning to annoy me. Meanwhile, I'm just trying to figure out where all the time went.

Peter had two work parties in a row this week so I was looking forward to spending Friday night in with just the two of us. He felt like cooking and I felt like baking. We ended up having a simple yet decadent evening at home.


I decided to bake some brownies using a recipe from this wickedly delicious book—a gift from my cousin.


This can't be good for my thighs.


Ira accompanied me while I melted, mixed, and baked.




Peter came home with yummy supplies for dinner.


We kicked off the evening with a little Prosecco...


and cheese. That Roquefort blue has quickly become a favourite.


Peter rubbed some garlic and oregano on the lamb racks.


And he sauteed some swiss chard (called silver beet in Australia.) Leafy greens are one my favourite sides. They're so easy to prepare and ridiculously nutritious. Plus, I can always convince myself that they'll offset the absurd amount of calories in my brownies.


Matt accompanied Peter as he seasoned, chopped, and sauteed.


The meal turned out great. Peter drizzled lemon juice over the lamb and swiss chard, giving them both a zesty finish.


Gooey, chewy brownies. Mmm... they are heavenly.


I only had a small slice so it wasn't too naughty.

Happy weekend!






2 comments:

  1. Okay...no fair. I want some of that NOW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are truly two peas in a pod. 1.) I can't stand the fact that we live so damned far apart. 2.) So thrilled you're using the book! Have you tried any of the choc chip cookies? 3.) Can we come over? Yum!

    ReplyDelete

My Blogger Profile

Blog Expat: living abroad